Monday, January 3

a wave of regret

i haven't posted anything about the tsunami yet, mostly because it is very easy to shut out the information since it's happening on the other side of the world. at the request of my conscience, here is as much information as i could find on how to give support, plus a few revealing photographs to help put things in perspective:

Google Relief ...good links
U of M Asia Relief ...if you're in the area, a meeting time and place
Apple ...more links to relief websites all over the world
Jordan Golson ...links to videos, newsreels, translations, plus interesting commentary
WaveofDestruction.org ...more videos
PunditGuy ...clever and well-spoken blogger with lots of good links

death toll up to 155,000 as of today.

1 Comments:

Blogger mjs said...

I haven't really been reading your blog. I'm sorry but I figured I'd admit that from the beginning. I just saw the link on Friendster (thank god for friendster, or something) and figured I should comment. B/c I was driving into town yesterday (philadelphia) since I am here on break. I thought of you and our workshop and how grateful I am to have met you. We hardly knew each other and might not every know each other fully but our nights, our space together meant a lot to me. Besides our workshop its great to know that someone like you exists. So, I figure w/ the New Years one of my resolutions is reaching out to friends, sharing my feelings and not regretting that I wish I should have showed people how much I liked and appreciated them ('cause I tend to do that). so, here's to you!!

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home