Tuesday, February 1

aw heck

tonight i'm having dinner with my mother's fiancee, and i am nervous. ok so it's not like i haven't met him before, or hung out with him, or even talked seriously with him about any number of things. i like the guy. it's not that. i've slept in his house, hung out with his children (my...step-siblings?? weird) and even seen him kiss my mom, which looks surprisingly natural.

so why am i nervous? maybe it's because before this he was just "my mom's friend michael". maybe because everything seemed temporary before. maybe it's because they just set a date for the wedding. august 6th. it's going to be in sydney. yep, australia. they're having a wedding in bloomington indiana, too (where my mother will later live, along with my fourteen year old sister) and a huge reception in ann arbor in july. it all sounds very romantic and exciting. we're spending about two and a half weeks in australia. and then...my mom isn't coming back to ann arbor. she's flying straight to bloomington and moving in right away. my sister is starting school there in the fall and she wants her to have as much time to get acclimated as possible.

i don't know, just feeling weird today. slept very little last night. feel exhausted and like i have too much to do.

wish me luck...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

even my heart started to beat fast when i read this and i got goose bumps! why?? she's not my mom and they're not my stepsiblings (??!!) but i can totally feel what an emotional rollercoaster this must be. i mean i can't really imagine what its like to be you but my stomach kind of drops when i think about it. is that weird? i give you a lot of credit for handling this so well. you are a rockstar.
-schutt.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Malinsk said...

Good luck, Carol.

1:32 PM  
Blogger pjpurdy said...

Weird, but only as weird as you want it to be. You can handle it. You're a big girl!

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home